Customers Frequently Ask Us:
After reading some of the commonly asked questions about our services, feel free to email us any unanswered questions you may have. At Southern Home Creations, we go the extra mile to make our customers happy. Listed below are just a few of the commonly aasked questions we receive often, and we wanted to pass the answers off to you, the consumer.
- What is the most popular type of garage doors?
We install more Raised Panel Doors than the other doors, however Eden Coast is becoming a real contender because it is maintenance free.
- Which type of garage door will bring me the most resale value?
That depends on a number of issues. For best value, let one of our professionals come out to your home to evaluate your circumstances and give you their professional recommendations.
- Should I repair my garage door, or install new ones?
Every situation will be unique, our professionals can evaulate your situation and give you an honest opinon on whether to repair or replace.
- Can you fix my gutters?
Normally, yes. But we need to see what is going on at your home first.
- How long does it take to get new gutters?
We can normally install them 24 hours after your request.
- What are your gutters made of?
Aluminum. Guaranteed not to rust or fade.
- Will termites eat my Hardi-Plank Siding?
No. Hardi-Plank cement siding is impervious to termites
- How long should Hardi-Plank last?
It comes with a 30 year warranty.
- Will I have to paint my CertainTeed Vinyl Siding?
No! It is maintenance free. Once or twice a year, wash down the siding with soap and water.
- Will my new roof qualify for tax credits?
Tax credit for 30% of the cost of energy-efficient products up to a lifetime cap of $1,500. The tax credit applies to the cost of materials only (not installation costs).
- What are Architectural Roofing Shingles?
A new, high quality roofing product that provides a stunning three-dimensional appearance. Some of the most attractive architectural roofing shingles simulate cedar wood shakes.
- Why is my roof leaking?
It could be many possibilities, including faulty flashing, damaged shingles, nailing locations or inadequate ventilation are the most common.
- What are the alternatives to wood decks?
Alternative deck materials are a great choice for people who want to enjoy their deck without all the maintenance required by wood.
- Can you fix up the space below my deck?
Under deck drainage systems allow you to comfortably use the space under a high deck. These systems divert water away to create a dry space below.
- How long should my wood deck last?
A pressure treated wood deck can last up to 40 years if properly sealed or stained each year to protect the wood.